This family tour from Intrepid is a great way for the Kids and the entire family to discover the African culture and amazing wildlife on offer in this part of the world. This 12 day tour is the perfect introduction to Africa and highlights include Mkuzi Reserve, Zulu village tour, Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon.
- See animals flock to a waterhole in Mzuki reserve
- Learn about Zulu life on a village tour
- Hike, canoe, snorkel and raft on this active holiday
- Camp in Kruger National Park
- Explore the rugged Blyde River Canyon on foot
Day 1 Johannesburg
It doesn’t always have the best reputation, but Johannesburg has fascinating, vibrant places to explore like Soweto, Alexandra, Rosebank Flea Market and its wonderful museums.
Days 2-3 Mkuzi Game Reserve
Dominated by the Lebombo Mountains, Mkuzi’s landscape of thick bush and open savannah is one of the last safe havens for the endangered black rhino.
Days 4-5 Kosi Bay
With a picturesque jungle on one side and a coral reef teeming with aquatic life on the other, Kosi Bay offers a wildlife experience on two fronts.
Days 6-7 Hlane National Park
Once the private hunting ground of the Swazi royal family, Hlane Royal National Park’s vast expanse of bushveld offers an amazing opportunity to track elephants and endangered rhinos on foot.
Days 8-9 Kruger National Park
Created to control diminishing animal numbers due to hunting, Kruger National Park became official in 1926 and is now deservedly one of Africa’s premier safari parks. Try and find the members of Africa’s ‘Big Five’ (lions, leopards, buffalo, rhino and elephants)
One of South Africa’s most spectacular attractions, the sheer-sided walls of Blyde River Canyon rise over 2000 metres and the vegetation varies wildly depending on the altitude.
Johannesburg is a sprawling city of remarkable contrasts: mansions stand alongside tin shacks and there are as many green parks as there are conglomerations of concrete.
- Start: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Finish: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Group size: Min 4 , Max 16
- Ages: Min 12
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 10 dinners
- Accommodation: Camping (with basic facilities) (5 nts), Deluxe permanent tent (2 nts), Hotel (1 nt), Lodge (2 nts)
- Transport: Minibus
- Bourkes Luck Potholes,
- Game drive,
- Kruger Park – Game drive,
- Soweto township tour,
- Zulu village visit
Flights to Johannesburg and hotels are available from Expedia