One of the best choices for families in Sydney’s Northern Beaches is Manly Beach. A 30-minute ferry from Circular Quay in Sydney connects visitors to Manly Beach, home to cycling paths, a pedestrian plaza, and a long stretch of golden sand. If you’re planning a trip to Manly Beach, here are some of the top family fun activities.
1. Kayaking: Adventurous families will want to hire kayaks and paddle along the shore. You can choose between joining a guided tour or simply hiring the equipment and heading off independently.
2. Sign up for a Surf Lesson: On the beach at Manly you will see many people surfing and body-boarding. If you want to get in on the action, sign up for a lesson with the Manly Surf School. They will have all the equipment and experience you need for a successful family lesson.
3. Visit OceanWorld: If your kids are interested in the creatures of the ocean, take the time to visit OceanWorld. Seeing the biggest sharks in Sydney up close and personal (and safely!) is an experience the whole family will remember. Here you can walk underwater too.
4. Learn to Sail: One of the best ways for families to bond is by learning something new together. Instead of just sunbathing on the beach, why not sign up for a sailing lesson? At the Manly 16ft Skiff Club, you will learn all the basics of sailing and more.
5. Explore Parks and Playgrounds: Manly Beach is home to a lot of entertainment for the kids away from the sand and surf too. There is a total of more than 50 parks and playgrounds in Manly, many with tables for family picnics.
6. Go Snorkeling: Whether you bring your own mask or hire the equipment, snorkeling is one of the best ways to acquaint yourself with the ocean. Bring the family to Cabbage Tree Bay, a calm and safe place to spend some time snorkeling.
7. Check Out the Manly Marine Reserve: If your kids loved OceanWorld, they won’t want to miss the Manly Marine Reserve. Here you can see adorable fairy penguins, among other marine creatures, in a protected environment.
8. Explore on Two Wheels: Manly Beach is home to many cycling paths, making this an ideal destination for a bike tour. Choose between joining a formal bike tour with knowledgeable guide, such as Manly Bike Tours, or hiring the equipment on your own.
9. Consult the Local Calendar: Some travellers like to arrange their trip with local festivals or events. In Manly Beach, it is possible for your trip to coincide with the annual food or jazz festivals. Other families might want to avoid these especially busy periods.
10. Choose a Holiday Rental: During a trip to Manly Beach, each member of the family will want to some private time. When you choose a spacious holiday rental, separate bedrooms, a big living room, and convenient kitchen will provide privacy and comfort. You can also plan family game nights, movie night, or cook special breakfasts together.
With so much to do in Manly Beach, a holiday to Manly would be perfect for the whole family. Flights to Sydney are available via Expedia
Article courtesy of Homeaway.com.au